Friday, December 17, 2010

Snowstorm Bullplop

I'm finishing up packing and mentally accepting my departure from Amsterdam, and there's a blizzard blowing past my window.

I had only a few last goals:

VRIJDAG
1. Koffie en appelgebak met een goede vriend, Tab
2. Return my bike and get my deposit (but they closed. airports and buses also not working today)
3. Visit the Oudekerk and light candles for various people. It's the oldest church/building in Amsterdam, and I have always wanted to go inside. BUT snow prevents me
4. Last lunch with Irina and Courtney. nomnomnom
5. SIT farewell party

ZATERDAG
6.  Get up early, go to Noordermarkt with Irina. Buy a new scarf, since I lost mine. But it's supposed to snow all day today and tomorrow, so we'll see.
7. Then meet up with Lilly and go to Vondelpark and then a museum.
8. See Gloria or Ioana one last time.

And on ZONTAG, I LEAVE!!!

Irina says I have to check and see if my train is delayed from Amsterdam Centraal to Frankfurt. So, I hope not. So my last 48 hours, Amsterdam weather has ruined. :(

Bullplop, indeed.

Edit:
Just got back from the prettiest winter walk of my life. Went to the Oudekerk and walked around de Dam and along the Rozengracht home. Gorgeous, and not too cold. Time for hot chocolate with chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment